Sunday, January 9, 2011

Words

Eternity, such a heavy word;
Everlasting and untarnishing.
Sure as yesterday had come to pass;
But still uncertain if it will last.

Sincerity, such a lonely word.
Such commitment; whole-hearted devotion.
An intentional self-sacrifice;
A shedding of pretenses, of masks and lies.

Anxiety, the word of fear and of longingness;
Of the eternal wait between coming and going.
Never knowing, never fully certain;
Yet still holds on, faithful and trusting.

Distance, the word that seals and locks away.
It seals emotions and dampens hearts,
It shuts them tight, in fear of pain;
For who knows when, they'd meet again.

And then there's love, a comforting word.
That no distance can overcome, nor pain can destroy.
That which sweeps away anxiety, and drives away fear;
That of which can speak of eternity and remain sincere.

A word I vigilantly hold on to;
A word that describes what I have for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment










I

love you

dearest I love you


true



And till I can my frail heart will


always be for you