Saturday, June 2, 2012

Paradiso


Gold and bronze and clay
Paints the shining horizon.
Courtesans swing and sway;
Fending synthetic passion.



Red and gold liquid aplenty
With the noise of brazen folks.
Ecstasy fills the windborn city
Of palatial courts of cedar and oaks.

Mighty roars from trumpets long,
Grey skin wrinkled and cracked.
Chanting hymns, a frenzied song;
Battle lines drawn, ready to attack.

First fell the gate, a grisly spectacle.
Then trampled screams, like an infant's cries.
Grey clouds billowed, flames roared and crackled;
As the fallen sung, "Welcome to Paradise"





It's been awhile since I last wrote anything, so pardon if I'm rusty. Erika Carreon, a literary genius friend of mine had a dream about writing a poem about cities and elephants, so I thought, hey why not? What came out of that mental exercise is this. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Persia was what came into my mind while reading. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of some vague Middle Eastern country ala the Disney Arabian Nights so I guess Persia works, haha

      Delete










I

love you

dearest I love you


true



And till I can my frail heart will


always be for you